History of the Firm
In May 1992 the firm amalgamated with F.H. Lowe & Company and in July 1996 the amalgamation took place with Smythe and Co whose roots as a firm reach back to 1903 when the firm was founded by John Smythe. In March 1997 a further amalgamation took place with Brokensha Meyer and Partners. At the beginning of 2009 Hathorn Cameron & Co. (established in 1873) joined Austen Smith.
Brokensha, Meyer & Partners
This firm started off in 1896 as McGibbons by which name it was known until 1929 when Senator A J McGibbon went into partnership with Claude Brokensha. In 1973 the name of the firm was changed to Brokensha, McLaren & Meyer . In 1981 the firm became Brokensha, Meyer & Partners and amalgamated with Austen Smith in 1997.